Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just Jellin' Around

Here's the boy Jellyin' Around quilt that I just finished. One Jelly Roll and one Charm Pack typically make a lap quilt. I broke everything in half after I put the blocks together and decided to make them into 2 quilts; a girl and a boy one.

The Border for this quilt was left over from the backing of Matthew's Froggie Yellow Brick Road. The binding was left over from the strips that were cut up for the blocks. The backing I actually had in my stash. I still have about 2 yards left so I can use it for another baby quilt backing.


SN852331



SN852336

It's bright and cheery but still not a favorite of mine. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy this line; it must have been a good sale!

6 comments:

KyQuiltlady said...

Very Pretty! This looks like such a fun quilt. You sure getting a lot accomplished. That bin is going to be empty soon.

Rose Marie said...

... it may not be your cup of tea .... but, the young one that gets it will be thrilled to bits!

Needle and Thread said...

Pretty Jelly Roll quilt. I love the simple strong lines of your quilt.
Millie

Carol VR said...

I was shocked to see you'd made another one by the same pattern when you weren't overly impressed with the look.

Treasa said...

I like this quilt for a child. bright and cheery! like the simple pattern also.

Regina said...

I like some of the fabrics in this line -but not the entire line. Still - you put together a striking quilt with them. You do that well.