Thursday, November 27, 2008

Need Peppermint & Holly Berries Help!!

Has anyone out there in blogland made the Reindeer Games quilt out of the Peppermint & Holly Berries Art to Heart book? Or does anyone have the book that can take a look at it and help me out?

Mike won't humor me. I realize the man isn't a quilter but it's math. It's just math and directions. You'd think he could help me out. Sigh.

Anyway...I'm on page 4. I'm at step 4 under the heading Quilt Top. The second part of step 4

It reads: Place a #O rectangle at the right end of the #G and stitch diagonally across the rectangle as shown. Trim 1/4" past the stitching.

G rectangle is 8-1/2" x 3-1/2 inches.
O Rectangle is 4-1/2" x 3-1/2 inches.

Sooo, if you draw the little line and sew on the diagonal as shown it looks ok until you go to iron it back.




What the hck am I missing here???? Like should I just change the 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch rectangle into a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2" square, sew on that diagonal and call it a day? It's probably not going to work with the rest of the block if I do that.

Ugghh, this is already NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE. It's really no wonder why I've owned the fabric for so long and didn't cut it for 3 years. Then I had to totally work up my own cutting skematic just to not waste tons of fabric. Oh yeah...I did double check my measurements on the fabrics to make sure I'm not just using the wrong pieces.

HELP!! I feel like an idiot.

6 comments:

jillquilts said...

It makes sense that it would end up like that since the small rectangle should probably be a square. I am going to look for the book and corrections online.

jillquilts said...

I just sent you an email with corrections to the pattern book. I hope this helps!

Infinity Quilter said...

Looks like you already got help from Jill. Yep there was a correction on the Art to Heart page. I'll have to make a note of this because I also have been wanting to make that quilt, but it probably won't be until next year.

Anonymous said...

See it is not because I did not want to help, I cannot solve a problem when the question is wrong... ;-)

Moneik said...

I hate it when patterns don't work out right.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I have all the stuff for that pattern too.. ran across it today infact.. but I have dozens of cookies that I have to make for work and don't think I will be getting to my quilting for a couple of weeks.. sigh

Heather