Saturday, November 1, 2008

No Cheech Splashes Were Harmed in the Making of this Quilt

I can't even tell you what happened but all hell broke loose. Honest to Pete, the other two ladies went crazy! I was trying to work on hand sewing a binding and it just didn't get to happen because I was all over the place helping here and there.

Mom and Maureen were trying to assemble a quilt top together. Then I got involved too.




SN852262


SN852263




Maureen was trying to explain how quickly this process was supposed to go...





SN852264.AVI



Cutie Patootie had to get involved too.


SN852265



I tried telling her she couldn't jump on the bed. If she could talk she'd be saying, "Wow...in progress quilt on the bed. GOT-TO-LAY-ON-IT!!!


SN852261



And lay on it she did.


SN852266



Since I became the director of how this quilt was going together Mom and Maureen decided to name me Mother Superior. I was calling them a$$ clowns. They became A$$ Clown 1 (mom) and A$$ Clown 2 (Maureen). I thought I was A$$ Clown 3 but it turns out that was Holly. As I was assembling the "puzzle" that was their quilt they were running back and forth down the hallway to sew each piece I had handed them. It was pretty hilarious.

As things settled down and the top was together they decided it was my job to do borders. That's when things got a little out of hand. Can I just say I LOVE the video mode on my digital camera? People do really silly things and you've just gotta capture them.

My mom ran across my quilting gloves and well...I'll just show you the videos.




And then...she became the blue footed boobie...


SN852273.AVI



When all of her energy was spent she decided to lay down on my floor and take a nap. Ok, I'll admit it was probably 2am. PLUS with daylight savings time we were watching the atomic clock move in fast forward to change it's time. I was sewing away, knew she was asleep but out of the corner of my eye I saw her fingers moving...TO THE BEAT OF THE SONG.



SN852278.AVI


I have a few more videos but I think I'll put them in a separate post...drag the fun out a little bit.

Honestly, the three of us can pretty much have fun anywhere. Every time I think I haven't laughed that hard in my entire life, we found something else to laugh about.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

All I can say is Ohh what a night it was...I agree I have never laughed so hard and well we needed the laughter the next day because of my *%&&*+(*)_(&^*&^% idea. You get the idea.

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm sure you'll remember the night for a long time.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Hey in my defense I was really tired.