Monday, November 3, 2008

Only on this blog

Will you get to see pictures of lint. If that's not keeping it real, I don't know what is.



Last Christmas my mom made me this Flannel Rag Quilt.


Until now it's never been washed. I kept putting it off because when we lived in our apartment the washer was too small to accomodate it. I've always been meaning to take it to the laundromat especially because I had been warned about what happens when you wash them.

Tonight I said enough was enough. I threw it in the wash. I was surprised to not find gunk left over in the Washer. When I moved it to the dryer I cleaned the lint trap. My quilt came out looking great. We took it outside to shake any excess flannel bits off and nothing came off. On the other hand...this is what came out of the lint trap in the dryer. Yes...I'm posting three pictures. I just can't get over the sheer volume of lint it produced.

SN852290
SN852291

I get such a kick out of the clear top on my washer. You can see another quilt of mine spinning around. SO amused, I even rolled it up and found something to take it's picture with so that you could understand the height of this lint.


SN852292

While we're on the topic of lint for months now I've been chucking the dryer lint into the garbage can in the basement. Mike's never said a word. Apparantly it's actually a garbage can for the soda cans he's been crushing for recycling. I never realized that, I just always thought; why the heck is that garbage SOOOO far from the dryer? Only me...master of the obvious.



5 comments:

jillquilts said...

The cans that he recycles and you don't? That's funny! Dang! That is a LOT of lint!!

Maureen said...

I don't think I have ever seen that much lint! I will remember that if I ever make that kind of quilt!

Carol VR said...

Your soo lucky you didn't start a fire with all that lint...wowsers.

I'd say the laundry-mat is in order next time.

Moneik said...

Wow! That's a lot of lint. I usually stop the dryer and take the lint out a couple times during the drying because I know there is a ton, even on some of my quilts that aren't raggy. I made my dad and hubby rag quilts last year for Christmas.

bingo~bonnie said...

forget the lint, what I'm amazed with is your washer's CLEAR SEE THRU DOOR!!! that is so cool!!! ;)

I remember when we first bought our set (newly weds) we'd sit and watch... we were amazed LOL :P