Saturday, November 8, 2008

PJ Day!

Well, it’s been a long time but I can say that I spent the day sitting on my A$$ in my PJ’s and watched TV. I was supposed to go to a birthday party in the afternoon and I just couldn’t get moving. I was so COLD because we hadn’t turned our heat on yet that I just sat there like a lump. Mike and I were supposed to go out to see a movie and I guess I was waiting for him to say when we were going and he was waiting for me to get off my butt and get ready to go out so we ended up going no where. The day wasn’t a total loss though; I think I needed the time to decompress a bit because I’ve been running constantly for the last few weeks. I did get my binding hand sewn on my Thanksgiving door hanging.



SN852315



Now I realize that it’s just a simple panel that is just stippled and bound but its nice because when the door is shut and the screen door closed it really minimizes the look of the TEAL front door. I do realize that everyone else in our complex also has a Teal front door but I hate it and I’ll cover mine up any way I possibly can. See? Wouldn’t you??



SN852314



I also spent time ripping out the stippling that I had done on my Halloween quilt. What I thought was 3 passes was actually about 5 or 6. It took me HOURS. But, now my machines tension seems to be dialed back in so I think it will be one of the things that I put back on the frame shortly.


2 comments:

Moneik said...

I had a PJ day on Sat. and on Sun. and really enjoyed it! I can't believe how much I got accomplished. I have two quilts I plan to quilt and bind this week. You're doing awesome finishing up so many quilts.

KyQuiltlady said...

The panel looks really good! I've done some of those days of ripping out. I guess that is part of quilting. I think it is a test, and you passed the test. Now you are a Certified Quilter.