Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quilt Retreat

After working today at the shop we were invited down to Lake Lawn Lodge near Lake Geneva for a dinner and Show and Tell session at the Holiday For Quilters Quilt Retreat. Jen, Mom and I drove down and sat with Julie, Teri, Kathy, Katie and Diane. The show and tell session, wow...it was awesome! Better than any quilt show I've ever been to AND the quilters were all in the room announcing their quilts. I don't have any pictures from the show and tell because Mom's camera battery died. I was taking the 'official' show and tell pictures I don't have any of my own to share.

Edited: Here's the link to the fantastic slideshow.



5 comments:

jillquilts said...

Well, thanks a lot for the tease! Why don't you just tell me that you have a wonderful guy for me to meet who has all the money in the world and job that would keep him out of town for most of the time and then tell me that he's married! *giggle* Seriously, though - are you looking for this guy for me???

Moneik said...

I always enjoy those shows the best because quilters can explain why they made a quilt the way they did and who they made if for and it's far more personal than any little piece of paper at a quilt show.

Babs Schmidt said...

all I can say is WOW!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing...what a great collection of quilts.

Karen said...

I must have missed you by an hour or two. My girlfriend Jill and I stopped at Lake Lawn to visit with everyone but left Delavan around 1pm. Weren't there some awesome projects going on?