Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Had a Very Shiny Nose...

I finally after 2 years of owning the fabric and the pattern for the reindeer quilt I want to make I finally cut it up and I'm ready to go.


SN852405



Of course it took a lot of work to get to the point of being able to cut it out. This is one of those patterns where each block is supposed to contain different colors. 9 different backgrounds, 9 different hats, 9 different reindeer colors; etc. I broke it down and decided to do three choices for each. Of course when the pattern cutting instructions look like this:


SN852407



And since I need to multiply it by three it causes me to create this:

SN852406



And of course cut this:


SN852408



And yet; I still have this (It's a 12 x 12 box that is approximately 2-1/2 inches tall) left over:


SN852410



It's been a long time since I've pieced something this crazy. It ought to be interesting considering I really would like to get the top together in the next two weeks or so.

That's how I spent my Saturday night, how about you?

6 comments:

Suzan said...

Cute quilt - but, boy oh boy, what a lot of work! Sadly (as noted in my blog) my Saturday plans to sew were a bust!

Regina said...

I LOVE THIS! You are so organized with these complex quilts - but it turned out AWESOME!!!

Moneik said...

It looks so cute! You're going to have so much fun putting it together. I got little - nothing done this weekend.

kt said...

this looks like a nancy halvorson (sp?)... am I right? if so... which book? I don't think I have that one. if not... steer me toward the pattern! it looks like something that should exist in my house. :) (along with many other fabrics that I'm still waiting on to cut themselves up and make themselves into quilts). :)

Jennifer said...

I love it - reindeer are my favorite holiday decoration and they will be all over my house shortly. I have at least three patterns for reindeer quilts, but not this one and I think it is really cute, but I can't believe the number of pieces - excellent organization!

jillquilts said...

I agree with KT - I .. must have ... that pattern! (said in a Captain Kirk way! giggle) Very cool!!! I can't wait to see it together!