Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turkey Day is Fast Approaching

Mike and I have decided to have a Post Thanksgiving Dinner Party. I just LOVE Thanksgiving and love making the meal more than I actually like eating it so I'm pretty excited.


We've also got some vacation time coming up. Mike and I typically take the three days off before Thanksgiving because then that gives us a nice 9 day vacation. I'm hoping to get lots and lots of quilting accomplished. I have a feeling there will be an awful lot of list making on my part!


Tonight I made a mix cd for Maureen. It's cracking me up because it's been years since I compiled an actual mix cd but she's not an Ipod girl yet! She's going through a divorce and has a difficult week so we came up with a bunch of Girl Power/Men Hate type songs to put on a cd. I can't believe that I googled divorce songs and actually came up with a lot of hits. I'm trying to think of what they all were off the top of my head.


  1. Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
  2. So What - Pink
  3. You Don't Own Me - Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
  4. Imagine a Picture - Pat McCurdy
  5. Screw You - Pat McCurdy
  6. Respect - Aretha Franklin
  7. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
  8. Everything About You - Ugly Kid Joe
  9. Love Stinks - J Giles Band
  10. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
  11. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) - Ben Lee
  12. Asshole - Dennis Leary
  13. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cindi Lauper
  14. Hate (I don't really like you) - Plain White T's
  15. Have a Nice Day - Bon Jovi
  16. Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
  17. Standing Outside The Fire - Garth Brooks

Yeah...I can only remember so much off the top of my head and 6 of the songs just escape me! I might have to check out that playlist later on and come back to add them.


We registered in our new city tonight to vote. It went much quicker than I expected. Maybe 15 minutes to register and vote? Mom, Mike & I went out for dinner after voting as we've always done and then Mom came over for help on a pair of earrings that her hair dresser wanted her to make. I whipped those out and had to put my jewelery making supplies away before I got sucked in. Too much quilting needs to be done!!


I finally decided what to do with the quilt from the weekend - the one where we ran out of batting and backing. I cut the outer border down and now that it's cut down, that border really doesn't look like it's missing anything. I got the binding sewn on and now it will get passed off to Maureen to hand sew down.


I FINALLY got the binding hand sewn on the Feeling Groovy quilt. I feel like I've been working on it forever. So much for my vow to do one side per day. I think I just shouldn't have taken on such a large quilt to hand sew binding on. But it's done, and that's what matters! Now my next hand work project will be to continue ripping the 3 rows of quilting out on my Halloween Quilt. I'll be lucky to get that sucker finished by NEXT Halloween.



5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year. Turkey & dressing & all the fixings with family and friends is such a blessing. I hope you and yours have a great time as I know me and mine will. Take care.

Infinity Quilter said...

What about "Kiss This" by Aaron Tippin?

Suzan said...

One of the songs on my personal "empowerment" cd is "Sometimes It's a Bitch" - written for Stevie Nicks by Jon Bon Jovi.

Carol VR said...

It doesn't surprise me with the internet the WEIRD things you can find.

To think I suppose others had to of been looking for the same thing to have later made is searchable...unbelievable.

Moneik said...

That's an amazing collection of songs. So glad you were able to get it made for her. I'm sure you are glad to have the quilts done too. I plan to quilt one today... another snow day.