Sunday, November 30, 2008

When you need comfort....quilt

And that's exactly what I did. For me it was a little too erie that Murphy was in the ER on the same date that Sherman had to be put to sleep 9 years ago. I bet he was looking over Murphy keeping him safe. The whole thing just really threw me for a loop and made me sad. So while we waited, I sewed.

SN852447 SN852448 SN852449 SN852450 SN852451 SN852452 SN852453 SN852454

I don't know what happened but it looks like I missed the picture for one of them!! Oh well. I do have 9.

To get the names on the blocks I pulled my sewing machine out of my table. Put an acrylic ruler over the hole and placed my ott lamp under the hole. I put the paper with the names on it, fabric on top of that and traced. I then sewed over the names with the machine using my triple stitch. No hand stitching for this chicky on this project!!! Ok, I'll hand sew the binding.

Tomorrow night I'll assemble the top.

4 comments:

KyQuiltlady said...

You sure get a lot accomplished in a short time. They look great!

Moneik said...

They are super cute! I think we all quilt when we need a little comfort. Hope Murphy is okay.

jillquilts said...

They look awesome!!!

swooze said...

Hope there is a happy Murphy update soon.