Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!

It's super cold here in Wisconsin. I think the high today was Zero. Mike actually stapled an old curtain to the top of the front door jam because the weather stripping wasn't doing a good enough job. Our door knob was frozen.

Jen came over this afternoon to work on a quilt for her niece. While she sewed, I quilted a quilt for her other niece. It's the Jellyin' Around pattern out of the Strawberry Lemonade line of fabric. It turned out really, really cute. I used a pink and red verigated thread and did loop de loops with hearts. I was sort of bummed because my mom had used this same fabric for one of her quilts and I never thought of using the pink and red verigated thread. It looked PERFECT with the quilt.


SN852519



SN852520



SN852521



After that was done we were waiting for my Mom to come over and bring the quilt that she wants quilted to give my Grandma for Christmas. While I was waiting and waiting and waiting I decided to play with these Paper Pieced Christmas Ornaments that I've had the patterns for in my stash for a few years now.




They were a lot of fun to work on. Easier than I anticipated. I have 8 blocks done. These are 3" blocks. I can't wait to make more. I'm going to try doing binding by leaving the backing larger and folding it to the front. I can't imagine trying to actually join binding on something this small. I don't want to turn them after all this work; I'm never happy with how things turn out when they are turned.



SN852522


SN852523



I'm using my leftover scraps from my reindeer quilt to make these ornaments. Since my tree skirt and yo-yo garland are also made from the same fabric lines, I think these ornaments will look really cute on our tree. Even if I don't finish them for this year, I'll have them done by next year.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute ornaments! I have a couple of those patterns in my stash too, and I may borrow your idea to make them with leftovers from a quilt! Hopefully with your reindeer and ornaments, you will be in the holiday mood a little more next year :)

Moneik said...

The quilting is awesome! I love the hearts and the thread looks great with it. The ornaments are so super tiny!

Anonymous said...

could you post a link where the Jellyin Around pattern can be purchased? I LOVE your stars!! So primitive looking. I can't imagine working on something that small.

jillquilts said...

love the ornaments!!!