Monday, December 15, 2008

Bah Humbug

Wow, it's freezing cold here and yet I'm not feeling Christmas spirit of any kind. We don't have our tree up yet, there's no gifts to purchase since Mike wants to wait until its time to get our tax return to exchange. For my Mom I'm almost done with my quilting and we really don't exchange with anyone else.

I've felt especially bah hum buggy ever since the ridiculous birthday dinner with my dad and the tossed tree skirt at work. I just can't shake it. I can honestly say that I just don't give a flying f***. I don't even want to deal with my Dad. I'd write him a letter but that didn't work so well when I did it when we were having problems during my parents divorce. He carried those letters with him and always pulled them out and brought up point after point about how he felt I was wrong and would yell and yell and yell at me until I'd finally just agree with him just so he'd shut up and stop yelling. That's what led to us not talking for seven years and that's where I feel we're headed again ever since he felt the need to share with me his wifes opinion of me. Gee, her comments are what started this crap in the first place. He's the one who told me that her son ruined one of her other marriages by coming between them (seriously?? Could it be her mouth and strong opinions not realizing when its better to say nothing at all is the problem??) and how he told me to stay out of it. Well I did, for 7 years and even now I try to keep a distance from her and apparently that isn't the right thing to do either. I'm so tired of this. Life was so much simpler during those 7 years when I didn't have contact. I'm so tired of the drama. And people wonder why I don't want kids. That would just create much more drama. Who in their right mind would do that to them self? I'm so tired of always being on the defense with them.




You didn't come to hear me complain, you came to see quilts! I quilted another one of my mom's quilts tonight. This one is Quilt Diva. For this one the backing is also part of the gift and I think it turned out pretty well.



SN852487




Sorry, one more rant before I go. Dang, now I'm even starting to annoy myself.


I get this christmas card in the mail from my Uncle Floyd and his wife. THEY WERE AT MY WEDDING 7 YEARS AGO. WE'VE gotten Christmas cards from them in the past. WE is the key word here. They're not that old so don't anyone put up the senility defense.


The Christmas card came to me and me alone with my maiden name. WTF is with that????

9 comments:

jillquilts said...

Man, your family really puts the dis in dysfunctional! I'll be your family now! giggle

Moneik said...

I'm really no help... I need to start doing some shopping and making some gifts. Other things just keep coming up.

Bella said...

hehe..maybe family members are spreading 'the D-word' rumor...it happens. Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

I'm so glad you can rant to us! We'll listen and not be judgemental and, I don't know about you, but I feel so much better after I've vented a bit!
Lurking Linda

Anonymous said...

Jill, not to correct you, but it is dys not dis, kind of like the Wan-a-bowl

swooze said...

Family situations are the toughest.

Maybe Uncle Floyd lost hubby's name and wanted to make sure you had a card anyhow????

jillquilts said...

Anonymous - mind your business. You obviously don't follow mine or Jen's blogs at all. It is WAUN-a-bowl. Check the pics. Search it.

And I guess that I may have been wrong - it should have been diss since that is what her family is doing to her. Maybe you are too old to be able to follow slang???

Barbara Raisbeck said...

Hi Jen,

Sounds like you need some quilty time with other great quilters!!

I am not sure where you are located in Wisconsin but check out these two quilting happenings:

a bus trip to the Chicago International Quilt Festival

http://www.quiltsbybarb.com/bustripchicago.htm

and my 2009 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend

http://www.quiltsbybarb.com/new2009quiltretreat.htm

We would love to have you join us!!

Barb, owner of Quilts by Barb

Elaine Adair said...

I'm going to agree with Swoozie above about Aunt and Uncle greetings, and addressing only your name - as we get older (ahemmm) we get more and more forgetful, of the MANY things that need remembering! Take it as an effort to include you in their wishes, and a compliment. THey are probably embarrassed to not remember your DH's name.

BTW, your loopy de loops look good to me! It's hard to get a fluid motion in a limited space, isn't it?