Monday, December 29, 2008

It's 2AM

And I'm wide awake because I'm so riled up. In my spazmatic state I did get some quilty things accomplished. It's that or continue to stalk the death notices online because I've convinced myself that my Dad won't call.

Early last week I brought home a used coffee cup from our coffee machine so that I could make a coffee cup sleeve. It's a smaller cup than what fits in my current sleeves and since it's a super thin cup it burns my hands every time. Well, Holly found it in my purse even though it was in a zip lock bag and ate it, derailing my plans. I remembered to bring another home with me on Friday and just got around to figuring out the sleeve tonight. I had to make it shorter and not as wide as my usual ones. It took 2 proto-types before I got it right. Here is my end result:


SN852541



SN852546



I also was able to get another set of four ornaments done. One more style to go!!


SN852540




7 comments:

Beth said...

That sleeve is adorable! I hope you were finally able to get some sleep.

Moneik said...

I love the sleeve! It's super cute. We have free coffee and hot chocolate, but you have to bring your own cup!

Rhonda said...

This is a great idea for Christmas gifts at the office. I'd better get started for next year. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the paper pieced ornaments. Do you have any pictures of what they look like finished? I bet they are just beautiful on a Christmas Tree.

Kathy said...

That is a darling cup sleeve! You need to post a tutorial!

Anonymous said...

i second that. we do need a tutorial. it's soo cute! and they would be great stocking stuffers.

ursula

Kim said...

Very nice cup sleeve. Looks like you are doing a toot! Look forward to seeing that so I can make one. Cute flowers on your blog, Jen.