Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Murphy Update

I thought my mom would give a Murphy Update on her blog but she hasn't so as his sister I'll do the honors.


We picked him up on Monday night when he was discharged from the Vet. His sugar was now high as far as my mom and I were concerned but he was SOOOOOOO much more perky. Well sedated but perky.


I'm sooooo thankful that he made it through this!!! I haven't heard anything from my mom today so that must mean he's still doing good.


I was going to call her and ask when i got home from work but I had such a crappy day and my eyes hurt so I took a nap. Why was it so crappy? I slipped and fell on the ice in the parking lot trying to get to my car tonight. I twisted my ankle, hit both knees and landed on my back nearly hitting my head before it was over. I layed there for a few minutes but I knew my cell phone battery was dead from being on all night and cock-a-doodle-dooing this morning so I had to pick myself up and get in my car because it's not like I could call Mike and with the luck I've had leaving work latley no one would have ever noticed me out there. And to think, I took THIS way out of work instead of going through a pitch dark building and running into warehouse carts or chairs that aren't pushed into tables. GREAT IDEA on my part don't you think? {dripping with sarcasm}


Enough of my ranting. Here's a picture of Murph at the Vet ER.



Look, he had an ID necklace!! AND when we picked him up he had 13 pages with lists of everything they had done with him and what to keep doing for him. Why do dogs get more info than humans??





6 comments:

kt said...

bowsie had one of those ID collars today, too, when he had his ultrasound. glad to hear that murphy's OK!! it's so scary when the furkids get sick... if they aren't around, who's supposed to get fur on our quilts and make sure they are well loved?!

Suzan said...

Glad to hear Murphy is home and doing well.

swooze said...

Sounds like he is coming along. Thanks for the update!

jillquilts said...

I'm glad to hear that he's feeling better! Keep us posted! Hope you aren't too sore this morning. And report that faling crap to work. There's no reason why they should be turning the lights off in the building with people still in there! Jerks!

Moneik said...

Hope you and Murphy are doing better! I can't believe what bad luck you've had the last few days.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Make sure that fall gets reported. Thanks for updating everyone on Murphy. He was so snuggly last night I never got on the computer.