Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Birthday

I'm a little late in typing up my posts this week. Tuesday was my 32nd birthday and I stayed home sick because my asthma was still bothering me quite a bit. I guess my main concern was to keep it from turning into bronchitis.

Mike got really creative with his gifts this year. Harry Potter books! The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and where to find them and Quiddich Through the Ages. I started reading them and they'll be nice additions to my Harry Potter collection.




And because I've killed my current cell phone, he upgrade me to a BlackBerry! The thing is freaking awesome. I must be getting older because some of it's features I'm finding hard to navigate!! LOL.



My mom came over and we ordered pizza and then had a Berry Birthday Pie SN852465 and then it was time for prezzies. My mom made me this awesome apron that I can wear to work. We both have the same one.




momjenaprons




She also made me a flannel pillow case to match the quilt that she made for me last Christmas. We use regular bed pillows on our couch instead of throw pillows since our little furry friend likes to lay all over them. They're easier to wash and keep clean.

SN852479


Then, then I got the COOLEST Willow Tree figurine from my Mom...Generations. I just LOVE it. It will be perfect in my sewing room and it will always remind me where my love of quilting came from; from my Mom and my Grandma.

SN852480


All in all, despite my asthma issues it was a fantastic birthday!!

4 comments:

jillquilts said...

Awesome gifts!!! Love the willow tree! Too bad your blackberry isn't pink like mine! :)

Moneik said...

Love the Willow Tree figurine! That's on my Christmas list from Mom. I figured you'd gotten the blackberry... It's good to hear from you remotely too. Happy Birthday!

Chelsy said...

don't worry about finding things hard to navigate on the blackberry. my mom has one and i get lost whenever i try to do something and we've already had the discussion about my age compared to yours

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Your gifts are awesome!