Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Fudge!!!

Ha! I'm actually talking about fudge here folks!

I made fudge last night for a cookie exchange. Yes, I realize fudge isn't a cookie but who doesn't love fudge? Excluding my own mother...

I needed 7 for the exchange and I made two extras. Now I wait in fear...what if for some fluke reason it didn't turn out?

Can I say that I love my friend Jen for making this a no nuts exchange!!

What does it take to make 9 pans of fudge??

18 cups of chocolate chips
4.5 sticks of margarine
72 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
15.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
(9) 9X9 aluminum pans
Red sprinkles that may or may not have been a good idea but they sure are festive!!

Now, here's hoping the weather holds and our exchange doesn't require a date change because it would take a lot to keep Mike away from all that fudge!!


5 comments:

Moneik said...

Holy fudge! That's a ton of fudge! I let my dad do the fudge. I'm so looking forward to him bringing it. My favorite thing to make is date balls.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Holy FUDGE that's alot of fudge.

jillquilts said...

ha ha ha - Moneik said balls! giggle!

Carol VR said...

Where's my portion???

Trish said...

I LOVE fudge! But I've never made any. Could you send me the recipe?