Friday, December 5, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Didn't have a nose at all....and if you ever saw him, you'd wonder where the heck it went...

I just finished my Reindeer Games Quilt. The batting is cut, the backing is sewn and it's folded up and in a bag to take into the shop tomorrow. This will be the first quilt that I've ever had professionally quilted. I'm going to get the Holly Berries and Leaves pantograph and I'm contemplating either a tan or a gold (non metallic) thread. While it's out for quilting I hope to be able to dig up all the buttons that I need for the eyes, noses, holly berries and hats.


SN852461



I'm soooo happy with how it turned out!



10 comments:

Moneik said...

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I'm sure the embellishment will be awesome.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

How cool is that? I can't wait until they have eyes and really come to life.

jillquilts said...

You *SHOULD* be happy! It looks freakin' awesome!!!

Kristie said...

I love how it turned out! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Have you tried quilting with pantographs? I think you should, you would be great at it.
KRistie

Beth said...

You know, I haven't been able to get into Christmas quilts, but I so like yours! Awesome job! I think I could make something that cool!

Leah said...

What a happy fun Quilt. Can't wait to see it eyes and noses. :)

Candace said...

It is adorable, it's hard to imagine it being even cuter. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt with all the trimmings.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love it! So cute!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Way too cute. I can't to see it all finished.

Zoey said...

Just adorable! I will be back to see it all finished.