Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Strawberry Lemonade

This morning before work I got Mike to snap this picture of my Mom's Strawberry Lemonade quilt. I think it turned out pretty cute. I can't wait to see all of her quilts bound and finished. I hope she'll start posting them to her blog as they get done.


SN852492



I forced myself to do loop de loops on her quilt. Even after qulting a 65 x 90 quilt they still don't feel natural to me. Loop de loops aren't easy even though they should be!! I need to keep forcing myself out side of my comfort zone or I'll never improve my quilting skills.

SN852497
SN852499

Now I think I have a few of my own things to quilt up quick. I'd like to get the fabric for my Pillow Shams quilted. I have two Happy Howlidays mini wall hangings to make for Holly and Murphy to hang in front of their food dishes. I also have a wintery snowman panel to quilt so that I'm ready to hang that once January 1st rolls around. I should also get my binding ready for my Reindeer Games and Halloween Quilts. Yep, I think those will be my projects for the remainder of the week.

8 comments:

Suzan said...

I like doing loops on the LA but not on Jenny. I think it is because of the size of the loops. I am getting my own frame (whoo hoo!) with some of my income tax return so I will see how I like them with that set up.

Moneik said...

Your loops look great! I did them on Molly's baby quilt and I think they are easier for me than stippling.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

My quilt looks awesome. I'd better get the binding ready.

jillquilts said...

I think that your loops look good! They are all very even! I have issues with getting them to stay even throughout the whole quilt.

Libby said...

Pretty quilt! Your quilting looks good even if it doesn't quite feel good yet :)

Carla said...

The loops look lovely! I've done them on my table top machine and they sure don't compare to yours. Your mom must be thrilled to have all those quilt tops quilted for her gift.

Rhonda said...

I love the quilt design, the colors and I love your loops. What design is the quilt?

Trish said...

The quilt is beautiful, and I think your loops look great.