Friday, January 23, 2009

Evil Twins Patched Works Party

Friday night was the first ETPWP and it was a success with 12 people!

I tried to cut some blocks for Julie's Moda U quilt but I had the attention span of a flea for that. Too many different sized pieces to cut in a group like that so I re-packed that project.

I pulled out my scroll work applique art piece. I got the background cut and the scrolls ironed down. The placement of the scrolls took longer than one would imagine! The ladies talked me out of appliquing around each scroll and into just quilting over the entire thing. We'll have to see how that begins to shape up once I get the borders on it.


SN852636



Once that was done I worked on cutting out my In and Out quilt. I feel like I've been at that one FOREVER but its really just that I haven't spent much time on it when - do work on it. Just as I was getting in the groove it was time to pack up and head home.

Next ETPWP will be on February 27th!! Mark your calendars ladies!!!

2 comments:

Moneik said...

That looks great. I wouldn't stitch around each one either. I would just quilt it. Did you use SAS or H&B? It's hard to get much done on nights like those, too much going on to concentrate.

Amy said...

I love the scrollwork... thanks for sharing.