Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Night

Friday night I came home from work and needed a nap, a LONG nap. I love naps. Especially after a long, cold week at work. My body just gets so stiff. But, we're not here to whine...

After my super awesome nap I hit the sewing room. I was ready to roll. I squared up 'Good and Plenty' and put the binding on. I pieced the backing for my scrollwork applique art piece for the living room. Two things off my To Do list so it was time to move on to my new apron for work.

For Halloween I had made an apron using charm squares but after it was worn for a while, washed and dried, it shrunk. It looks silly on a fluffy quilter. For this version I added an additional row of charm squares and squared off some of the corners that weren't in my original. I also made some cute little pockets.

S4012659

The fabric line is Candy Kisses from Sandy Gervais. The pockets are made out of last years fabric line from the same artist. I thought the apron could use a little punch! I'm really happy with this version of the apron.

I wasn't ready to start a new project so I headed downstairs to watch a little TV and I did a little hand sewing on my Good and Plenty binding.


7 comments:

Carol VR said...

Ahhh,,,, wonderful job!!!

Suzan said...

That apron is too cute!

CJ said...

Your apron is super cute!

Cindy said...

Love how the apron turned out. They'll love it at the shop. May I ask, do you line your aprons?

Moneik said...

Super cute apron! I absolutely love that fabric line. I wish we had such cute fabric.

Infinity Quilter said...

Your apron is cute!!! I love that fabric collection and Love Is In The Air!

Amy said...

love the fabric line and the APRON, maybe share a picture of you modelling it??? thanks for sharing,Amy