Sunday, January 25, 2009

Halloween Quilt

I don't think I ever mentioned that I had my Halloween Quilt quilted at the shop. I got it back just before Christmas. It's taken me this long to get the binding sewn by hand. Ijust worked on it little by little as I watched TV at night. I'm sooo glad it's finally done!! It's a HUGE quilt!!


SN852623




SN852624




SN852626




Jill helped me pick out the thread for this quilt. It was a Superior brand Rainbows thread. Yes it was pretty but I should have known better because I've hand problems with that thread quilting in the past. It's more meant to thread paint than anything else. It's my fault for using it for the wrong application. I put the thread with my quilt when I dropped it off and Diane had horrible problems with it breaking constantly. I feel soooo bad. At least though I now know that it's not just me!! I won't be buying any more of that style!

April came over for dinner and we watched Maid of Honor (I think that's it's name with Patrick Dempsy) and Saw 5. I worked on my binding during the movies.

Afterwards I wanted to work on my Scrollwork applique but for the life of me I could not remember where I put it. Duh, right on my cutting table!! Oh well, I started working on my Pie Pin Cushion.


SN852627




SN852628




I got as far as ironing my strips in half and topstitching them. Then I wove them. Now I'm going to need to remove it from my ironing pad, stitch around the edges and straighten it out before going any further. So far I'm having fun with it. Will I be making one for everyone I know? Probably not but I can see myself going through my golds and cutting those up and then buying pie filling fabrics and giving the kit as a gift!!



SN852630




6 comments:

jillquilts said...

Wow! That's a lot of orange in the Halloween quilt... giggle - But it is way cool! Sorry I led you astray on the rainbows!

I can't wait to see what my pie cushion looks like! hee hee

Regina said...

Hi Jen,

What pattern is your Halloween quilt? I really like that pattern and can envision it in blue or even red that I have left over from a log cabin swap.

Thanks.

Amy said...

I love the pie fabrics!! I have cherry,strawberry,YUM YUM!! thanks for sharing

Erin said...

I LOVE the halloween quilt - the pattern is gorgeous!

Cindy said...

Love the Halloween quilt. But I'm waiting to see the pie pincushion. Do you serve coffee with your pies?

whitey said...

Love the weaving, a few years back a bunch of girls in my quilt group made vests using this method.