Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year my quilting friends!!

I spent New Years Day over at my friend Jen's house. We sewed from 1:30 until 10:30. I got a LOT done on my diamond log cabin project before she kicked me out. I shouldn't put it that way, she did have to work on Friday!

Jen made from start to finish her "Santa's Got the Goods" wallhanging. Now it just needs to be quilted and we already have a plan for that.



SN852567



I told her I'd figure out her Waun-a-quilt points for her...

21 pieces in each block X 4 blocks = 84 points
Blue border next to panel is 4 strips so 4 points
Gold border is 4 strips so 4 points
Red border is 4 strips so 4 points
Panel border is 4 strips so 4 points
Red border is 4 strips so 4 points
Blue border is 5 strips so 5 points

Total 109 points. It's a project for next Christmas so it's multiplied by 4 = 436 points.

Way to go Jen!!

My diamond log cabin blocks have 17 pieces each, I had already done 6 rounds so I completed 11 rounds today. 24 blocks.

11 pieces added to each of 24 blocks = 264 pieces @ 2 points per piece for paper piecing = 528 points


SN852573r



Only 16 full blocks and 24 half blocks to go. Giggle.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love colors for the diamond log cabin.. where could one find the pattern? have a greta wknd.

Quilt Nut said...

that is absolutely fabulous!

Elaine Adair said...

Incredible diamond log cabin! You do beautiful work!