Thursday, January 15, 2009

Medium Tote Bag



My Mom came over tonight and we made tote bags. I feel like we are the last people at Patched Works to make them...just like the potato bags the kits were hot sellers at Christmas time.

Mom's was made using I Love Lucy Fabric.

It was a nice easy pattern but I almost think I'd take the time and quilt the three layers together, then assemble the bag and just run binding around the top when done.

Mom and I talked to Sherry tonight and she's coming to quilt retreat with us!! I'm soooooo excited! Look out Ohio, here comes trouble!!

6 comments:

Moneik said...

Very cool tote! I've made a few different ones, but haven't found one pattern I really like yet. My pattern is probably similar to yours since the layers aren't quilted on mine either.

jillquilts said...

Bag looks great! I am soooo happy that Sherry is coming to retreat! We are going to have such a good time!

Quiltsbybarb said...

Hi Jen, You and your Mother will love the retreat.

I would also like to invite you to take a look at our 2009 Quilt Retreat Geatway Weekend in November.

Check it out on my website at

www.Quiltsbybarb.com

Thanks!

Barb, owner of Quilts by Barb

Patchwork Penguin said...

Great bag!!! What pattern is it?

Amy said...

love the bag!! where in Ohio is quilt retreat? is there a link ? thanks

Maureen said...

Love the bag! I will need to try and find my pattern and make one for my Mom when she goes grocery shopping. I know you will have a great time in Ohio!