Saturday, January 17, 2009

Retreat and Artwork

Wahoooooooo!!! It's official! Mom, Sherry, Maureen and I are all going to retreat in April and I couldn't be more excited. Not only am I excited that they are going, I'm excited because I'll have people to drive with!!

I didn't have to work today so I'll admit it, Holly and I were quite lazy. I wasn't feeling all too great so I called Jen and canceled our plans for the evening. Instead Holly and I watched more TV and I started working on this scrollwork applique (Mine will be blue and tan) to hang in our living room.
Mine is a blue and tan viney looking batik and then the scrollwork is a blue sarhara cloth. I got all of the scrolls traced and cut out. Now I'll probably wait until Friday to fuse the scrolls down. It will be nice to lay it out at Patched Works on the huge tables.

I'm just excited to finally have settled on something artsy but doesn't scream super quilty to hang in our living room!!

3 comments:

Carol VR said...

I love the colours in the scrollwork pice you have pictures.

It looks so hippy-ish.

Moneik said...

It looks very cool and I'm sure the tan/blue will be awesome behind it.

Maureen said...

I can't wait to see your fabric on Friday!

YEAH! We're going on a road trip!