Monday, January 26, 2009

Scrollwork Applique

Wahooo, my quilt top is done!! I decided today that I'm going to have it quilted at the shop because we have a pantograph that is a very similar scroll. Between that and the fact that if I were to quilt it myself I'd still need to buy the thread - a color which I've only found comes in a cone not a spool plus shipping, I really won't be spending that much more to have it quilted. It will be very worth it since it will be hanging in our living room as the main art piece. I'll be taking it in on Monday. I'm pretty excited to get it back and hung.

Here's a close up. Keep in mind the colors seem kind of off in this picture.

SN852640

Here's a further away shot showing the wall above the couch where it will hang. The colors are more "true" in this picture.

SN852641

6 comments:

jillquilts said...

Looks awesome! I'm glad you decided to get it quilted at the shop and I can't wait to see it.

Kristie said...

Very nice! I think it will look perfect hanging over the couch!
Kristie

Cindy said...

What a great wallhanging. I cannot make it out - did you stitch around the applique? It's beautiful.

Kathy said...

Very Nice!

Moneik said...

Very Beautiful! I think it will look awesome with the quilting from the shop.

Maureen said...

It is beautiful! I can't wait to see what it looks like quilted.