Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sidewinder - A Public Service Announcement brought to you by the letter I

I is for Idiot...


Did you know the Sidewinder has a tension knob? I didn't. Yeah that knob that the thread winds around before heading to the bobbin?? It TWISTS....





I was winding a few bobbins over the weekend and the thing just sounded like it was dying. Finally it stopped completely. The first words out of Sherry's mouth were...well at least when you buy a new one you can get a pink one! I don't know, then I bumped it and it went crazy fast. Of course then I had a super loose bobbin that I had to get the thread back off of. Hopefully this saves someone else the trouble now that I figured it out. If there were directions, I surely didn't read them...



I didn't do much last night. Or at least it didn't seem that way. I did finish the hand sewing the binding on two Christmas Table Runners that I've been working on all month. I don't know how it happened but I had two different table runners going at the same time. I did a total of 7-1/2 feet last night and finally they're out of my tote bag!!

Holly Jolly Table Runner #4




9 comments:

Cindy said...

Great Christmas Tablerunner, Jen. Are you about "binded out?"

Do you like the sidewinder overall?

Suzan said...

I swear I would rather be dragged behind a cart than stitch on binding. Congrats on 2 more finishes!!

Pat said...

Thanks for the info on the sidewinder. I thought mine was dying and I have not thought to check the tension, though I know that it is a tension knob.

Roberta said...

I just used my sidewinder for the first time last weekend. I got it as a birthday present in July. I think once I get the hang of it I will like it. The directions don't say anything about a tension knob though.
You sure are prolific! Wow!!!

Christine said...

Good to know about the sidewinder, I've been considering getting one.

Christine said...

Hey, what kind of iron do you use? I'm in the market for one of those too. I figure if one can hold up under the amount of use you dish out surely it would satisfy me. LOL

CJ said...

Eh... count me in on the idiots, I didn't know my Sidewinder had a tension adjustment either. :)

That table runner is simply exquisite... that's the prettiest Christmas runner I believe I've ever seen!

Kristie said...

hmmmm....I did not know that either! I will have to remember that the next time that I use mine!
Kristie

Maureen said...

I have only used yours and I didn't know it either! Oh is that appliqued? Which pattern did you use?