Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cabin Fever Shop Hop

On Saturday the Evil Twins embarked on a Quilt Shop Hop Adventure. I picked Janet up at 7:30 which is way too early to be out and about on a Saturday Morning. We headed to the park and ride to meet up with the bus. While we were waiting for all of our riders to show up, I took a drive over to the other side of the park and ride to make sure we didn't have anyone waiting over there. No one from our group but I did get a good laugh over the people waiting for the bus to take them to a Horse Shoe convention.

Our first stop was at Material Matters in Cedarburg. It was a nice shop. I was able to pick up some batiks that I hadn't seen before. The Batiks...that's Jen's fault. She's going to be making a Jester's Court quilt and has been collecting batiks for some time now and I decided to join in on the fun. Here's my collection; some of them I had before we left.

IMG00198



Here's Janet at Material Matters:

SN852718

Our next stop was The Sewing Basket in Plymouth. I picked up two redwork patterns by Quilting Bee Designs while I was there. I thought they might be cute to do for my quilt studio in pink.

Our next stop was Royce Quilting in West Bend. I was excited to get two charm packs that we don't have at our shop. Then it was on to the Quilted Basket in Menomonee Falls. At the Quilted Basket I was able to buy two quilting practice panels with different designs on them that you follow and learn. It will be interesting to see how this goes. Lastly we stopped at the Patched Works. When we got there we went straight to work. I threw an apron on and hit the cutting table.

It was a fun day, but it was a long day!!


2 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I love shop hopping with ladies on a bus. No driving, lots of laughs, and plenty of fabric show and tell.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I missed you. I was at Patched Works on Friday afternoon! I had no idea it was the shop hop - boy was the store crowded!