Friday, February 27, 2009

ETPWP

This week despite all the hours I spent working 2 jobs I decided it was time to get a few things off of my To Do list that have been haunting me for a very long time. The Moda U blocks is one of the items. Hemming my bedroom curtains is another one of those items. I got them hemmed on Monday night between my two jobs. They're currently balancing ontop of the blinds in the bedroom waiting for Mike to hang them and the wallhanging. I had to make 4 blocks for a project that Jill and I are working on (despite the fact that they are purple, Moneik is actually not the intended recipient…giggle) and I sent those out when I mailed the boxes to Jill and Moneik. Here's the blocks that I sent to Jil - minus one because I managed to delete it from webshots and my camera:
SN852711 SN852713 SN852712

On Thursday night when I got home from the Kim Schaefer trunk show I started cutting the remaining Moda U blocks that I have patterns for. I think I cut for 6 different styles - a total of 12 blocks. I hoped to get a good handle on them at ETPWP. I got 6 of them done. Hopefully next week I can get the remaining blocks finished. One of the B I had a horrible time with. I don't know what my problem was, it wasn't a difficult block. However, for being a nine patch; my squares had wonky edges. I decided to border it with background fabric and then re-cut it to the right size. It should blend in once the quilt is together as most of the edging will end up in the seam allowance anyway. I just decided that life needed to move on with that block. Here are the 6 that I made:

SN852715

SN852716

SN852717


I bought the remaining fabric for my Ocean Waves quilt. I thought I had enough blues but it turned out I didn't. I needed three more. I don't know why I'm all of a sudden so anxious to get this quilt started but it's all I can think about. I also was able to get the fabric I need for my Victory Quilt. For our EBBOM group I'm going to keep going with the Egg Money quilt since I already have two of those blocks started. I'll make that top before moving onto the Victory Quilt.


3 comments:

Moneik said...

Your blocks look great! Ahh come on, they are purple after all. They just scream my name.

jillquilts said...

Great blocks! You got a lot done. Keep it up!

Laura said...

Sometimes when you get rolling along it is hard to stop. You have certainly accomplished alot, I wish I could get the momentum going.