Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jill's & Jen's Scissors Lanyards

I had just enough Sterling Silver 22 & 24 gauge half hard wire to complete these two lanyards. I was able to order lobster clasps on ebay so hopefully they won't take forever to get here. I'm hoping my mom has enough wire left in her kit so that I can finish up mine. I'll probably end up ordering anyway because I'm completely out.

They're Beautiful!!


SN852686



SN852687



SN852688



SN852689



The cool part is, this means that I've got birthday gifts done for the first quarter of the year!!

I was also able to get the hanging sleeves and the binding on my Carpenter's Square wallhanging. Now I can get the binding hand sewn over the next few days. My Scrollwork Applique wallhanging for the living room is also done being quilted. With a little luck, I'll have both of these hanging by the end of the weekend. I'm so excited!!

To quote my husband, "This iPod thing just might catch on." {Insert Blank Stare by Wife here}

10 comments:

Moneik said...

They look great! So pretty in pink.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Jen! They are beautiful! Being a bead virgin, I haven't a clue what this involves, but I know they are lovely! You are just oozing talent!

Cindy said...

You got that right, BitnByAQuiltingBug, Jen's FILL of talent. I love seeing her creations.

Nancy-Rose said...

Very pretty! And they even look a little like a rosary, so you can pray for a good quilt at the same time as you sew one.

Nancy

Nancy-Rose said...

Very pretty! And they even look a little like a rosary, so you can pray for a good quilt at the same time as you sew one.

Nancy

jillquilts said...

Yeah, cuz you know those iPods things were a total shot in the dark. What are his thoughts on the iPhones?

giggle!

I can't wait for my lanyard! It's so pretty!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Jen those are beautiful.. Mom was commenting to me about them saying she didn't know that you beaded too. My sister-in-law taught me to make similar necklaces and I tried to show mom but she gets frustrated.. I may just have to put your idea on the list of things to make for mom

quiltin cntrygrl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilts And Pieces said...

These are way fun! I love this idea!

Laura Krasinski said...

Jeezzzz....girlfriend..is there anything you can't do... you are such an inspiration to me... Beautiful pieces..as usual...