Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I took full advantage of not having to work today. It was nice to just sit and relax. I did do quite a bit of hand binding though. I got the last side of my Good and Plenty quilt, the final two kitchen placemats and a Christmas table topper bound.

Holly has an ear infection so we've been trying to get these drops into her ear, not to mention that we have to clean the ear every other day. Well so far, we've been managing to get drops in her ear once a day. We have to just about tackle her and hold her down. It's quite the event. I finally got the brite idea to put the goop on my fingers and basically give her a wet willy. Omg, did I really just admit that on my blog? It was the most disgusting thing I think I've ever had to do. And to think, I probably will have to do this twice a day for the next 7 or so days.

So after that craziness, I decided to work on the scissors lanyards. I got my Mom's and Moneik's done. Since it's past Moneik's birthday, I'll post the pictures so she can see it in the mean time before I get it out to her...let's face it, I'm not the best at getting things mailed out on time.


SN852674



SN852675



SN852685



Here's My Mom's:


SN852682



SN852683



I think they turned out rather nicely. Now I need to divide up the pink crystals into three to make lanyards for Jill, Jen & I. That's when I'll have to stop and see if I need more supplies.

Needless to say, my quilting goals were thrown right out the window. I think I'll make them into this weeks goals instead.

8 comments:

Suzan said...

Really lovely. I make them, too, but mine are not nearly as pretty!

Eva said...

What a really lovely idea and gift for a crafty person with everything. Individual, unique gifts like these are gorgeous.
Cheers

Eva said...

What a really lovely idea and gift for a crafty person with everything. Individual, unique gifts like these are gorgeous.
Cheers

Regina said...

So how does one get on the lanyard list?? These are so cool!!! (yeah - says the woman with a cabinet full of beads who really needs to get off her tuckus and make her own...)

Cindy said...

Too cool. They'll love them.

Holly? We'd do anything for our best friends, and they know it...LOL

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I wanna know how to get on the list too! Those are awesome, Jen!
I am often amazed at the disgusting things I have to do for my dogs. I won't even go into any detail, but yuck! I even bought a box of medical gloves because of it all! Ha!

Moneik said...

I LOVE it! Thank you so much for showing it. It makes my day. The purple is so me.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow you should have seen when I had to put drops in poor lilly's eyes.. she was about 3 or 4 months old and they told me to wrap her up in a towel like a burrito.. I felt so bad she would just cry and cry.. now a year later I know she does it for attention.. LOL.. once again you amaze me with your lanyards.. beautiful