Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quilty & Jewelry Sunday

On Sunday I had all intents to get in my sewing room early. I may not have gotten there as early as I wanted to but I did get the binding sewn on to the Snowflake Table Runner. Since I'm writing this post late I can say that I had Julie's name for Secret Santa so she was the recipiant of the table runner and the necklace that I'll be posting.




SN852667



I'm extremely happy with how the table runner turned out. Now I really need to make myself one!!

While my mom worked away on her Secret Santa gift I paper pieced two carpenter's star blocks. These will be used for my pillow shams. I now just need to build up the shams and get them quilted. I'm getting soooo close to having a decorated bedroom!!



SN852666



Then, I hopped over and put the wallhanging on my frame. I again had to do really large stippling to keep the tension issues in check.


SN852668



Before heading to bed I made a necklace for Julie. I've made a similar necklace for a few people as gifts and it's always well received in these colors.


SN852665



For size reference, the smallest crystals pictured are only 4mm each. I'm actually shocked at how well it photographed.

Now, before I put my jewelry making toys away I'm bound and determined to make a few very pretty scissors lanyards. I had intended to make them with sterling silver chain with crystals in between but wow...the price of sterling silver chain has sky rocketed!! Instead I'll use sterling silver wire and wire wrap the whole lanyard. Fingers crossed that it works and that the metal isn't too soft for what I want to do with it.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

The tablerunner looks awesome. You got accomplished on those blocks and I like the quilting on your wall hanging. The necklace is cool. You are so talented.

jillquilts said...

Very nicely done! Love the blocks and the necklace! Doesn't it suck having machine quilting issues???

Maureen said...

The necklace and table runner are beautiful. The colors of the necklace are great.e