Monday, February 16, 2009

The Salsa Incident

Mike's been doing the cooking in our house for quite a while now. He's had some misses but most of what he makes is really, really good and always cre8tive.

Over the weekend he made salsa. A hot container for himself and a mild container for me.

He wasn't around when I went to have some so I opened them both and gave them the sniff test and proceeded to eat from the more mild smelling container.

My mouth was on fire, my eyes were watering and I figured if I didn't eat it he'd harass me like the last time I didn't get around to consuming my container. I looked at the size and figured if I was going to eat it all, I could probably do it in about 3 sessions. I ate a third of it with tears streaming down my cheeks and as I screwed the top back on, I saw in 1/8th inch high letters on the lid reading 'Hot' in sharpie which I previously thought was a tomato stuck to the inside of the lid.

Later on Mike was irritated because I opened a new bag of tortilla chips because I didn't see an open bag anywhere. Since he was crabby I kept my mouth shut about the salsa.

So today he was in a much better mood so I told him about my Salsa Incident. He laughed and laughed and laughed especially because it's got something like 6 or 9 hot peppers in it and it's about 2 cups worth of salsa. Then he admits that it was so hot to him that he had been mixing my mild salsa into it to turn it down a notch.

Mike, I'm glad that you got a good laugh. My throat will never be the same.


5 comments:

Moneik said...

I'm a mild salsa girl too. Paul has been trying to get me to eat spicier foods, but I rather like things plain.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OMG that was worth a good laugh which then turned into a great coughing fit but it was worth it.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OMG that was worth a good laugh which then turned into a great coughing fit but it was worth it.

Carol VR said...

I can't imagine how bad the the "other end" felt after you digested that heat...LOL

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I'm a mild spice girl too.. I don't know what I would have done had I been in your shoes.. I think I would have just snuck it into the boys food.. smiles