Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scissors Lanyards

I spent the evening with My Mom. We had dinner, played on facebook (Yep, Mom signed up) and then while she hand sewed binding, I started working on the wire wrapped scissors lanyards that I want to make. I first had her pick out crystals from my stash and then I'll continue on adding the same batch of colors in as I go.




SN852670



Then I made a huge mess in my sewing studio...


SN852671



Then, this is as far as I got...


SN852672



I still have quite a ways to go before it's going to be a proper length. I seem to have lost my knack for even wire wrapping. Sigh... Hopefully I'll get the bugs ironed out before I go to make one for Moneik's Birthday. I think I might switch to Sterling chain for the neck part and just do crystals down the front for hers. That will be much lighter in weight around the neck I think.

2 comments:

Carol VR said...

Wow. That's going to be beautiful when it's done.

Trish said...

Very nice. Did I mention my birthday is in May? Right after the retreat.....