Friday, February 6, 2009

Snowflake table runner


Tonight I worked on a snowflake applique table runner. I made one pretty similar for a friend for Christmas in 2007. I kept meaning to make myself one but that's yet to happen. I needed a gift for my Secret Santa so I thought this would be a good choice since it was my own pattern versus a purchased pattern..

Yes I said secret santa! Our shop Christmas party was supposed to be in early January but it got postponed. You'd think that would have meant more time for me to make my gift but I kept putting it off because I couldn't quite decide what to make.

I was able to get all 5 snowflakes appliqued to the tune of 40 minutes each and the runner assembled. I always forget how long things get when put on point. I sure hope my person has a spot long enough to put it.

Fairy Frost fabric typically freaks me out but it's perfect for snowflakes!!



Whatever...I can't figure out how to rotate the picture when I send it from my phone and I can't crop my toes out like I'd like to either. Giggle.

7 comments:

Zonnah said...

Very nice! I want to do snowflakes one day.

Linda said...

Love it! It's beautiful. Why does Fairy Frost fabric freak you out?
Lurking Linda

Moneik said...

It's a great piece. I'm sure the person who receives it will love it.

Kathy said...

I love your snowflake tablerunner! Really nice. And you have cute toes ~ hehehehehe

Maureen said...

It is beautiful. I love the fabric you used for the borders!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

That runner turned out great. Now I just need to be brave and make something like that for myself for next year.

Cindy said...

The tablerunner is wonderful, Jen. Your Secret Santa partner will love it.

Hey - toes weren't meant for cropping...LOL