Friday, March 20, 2009

The big picture

Here's the "after" picture of our bedroom from our doorway.



001



I'm so thrilled that all of the pieces are finally done. Of course, now it has me thinking that I should take my scraps and make a topper for my night stand to cover up where a Glade Plug-In ate the finish off when it spilled. It wouldn't be so bad had that not been right on the corner closest to the bed where I get to look at it every day.

If I had one piece to do over, it would be the Pillow Shams. I wouldn't have taken the time to paper piece the Carpenter's Stars in the middle because you can't even see it. I think I would have taken all of the left over fabric and made 4 of the Turning Twenty Again blocks on a little bit smaller scale to get them to match the quilt better.

Another angle:


006



12 comments:

Suzan said...

Everything looks terrific! I really need to get my Chocolat quilt finished!

Kathy said...

Very nice! Looks great!

Trish said...

The whole thing looks great! i love the colours.

Carol VR said...

Just popping by briefly and to wipe my chin from the drool... that is awesome.

Great work!!!

Diana Laurence said...

Everything looks so fabulous! Isn't it grand having a pretty room to relax in?

jillquilts said...

Looks fantastic!

Moneik said...

It looks great! I wish I could find fabric that I loved that much to make everything out of. You did an awesome job putting everything together.

~Kim~ said...

LOVE the fabric of the bed quilt!! Great job!

Regina said...

mmmm - cozy!!!
Love the colors!!! can I come frolick in your scrap pile???

Maureen said...

I think the shams and wall hanging look wonderful with that beautiful quilt. What a great place to go and relax!

Maureen said...

I think the shams and wall hanging look wonderful with that beautiful quilt. What a great place to go and relax!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow your room looks so neat.. Some day I will have the time energy and motivation to do all that for the rooms in my house too.. smiles