Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fresh Emma

I finished the top of my kitchen wallhanging tonight. The Moda name for the pattern is Emma, but it's really just a variation of Chinese Coins. I didn't actually use the pattern either. I just figured out the sashing and borders from looking at it. It's a little wider and longer than I anticipated...really, it's math, I KNEW the numbers they just didn't register. Hopefully it will still fit where I'd like to put it. I'd like to get it quilted and the binding with hanging sleeves on it tomorrow night.

005
006

I also got started on the conclusion of my pillow shams. I was able to get one completed. The second one will get finished tomorrow night.

001
SN852742
003

I also got a thank you note in the mail for the Cutest Baby Quilt in the World. I love the look on this little girls face!! (And yes, I intentionally uploaded one of the pictures with her face turned so I wouldn't have to worry about blurring it out!)

geneva4

9 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

The shams turned out great! That child sure looks quilt worthy and that is the cutest baby quilt ever! If only I, too, could applique....ha!

Moneik said...

Love the pillow shams! They are turning out great. The picture of the cutest baby quilt ever is awesome. I love when a quilt is truly appreciated. Your "Emma" quilt turned out nicely. We just got a stack of charm packs in. I'm so excited.

Barb said...

Love your "Emma" quilt. I had only seen stacked coins with white sashing but I'm loving the green!

Cindy said...

It all looks great and I loved the picture of the little one who shall remain nameless and the best quilt ever. That's one lucky little girl.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Your wall hanging is very pretty, Pillow shams are awesome (I will have to email you about those later) and your baby quilt is just adorable and the little one is so interested in the monkey its cute.

Cindy said...

OOH, the pillowsham is great. Is that line Moda's Chocolat from 3 Sisters? It looks just like it. If not, may I ask if it from a "certain line" or just colors you put together yourself?

jillquilts said...

The shams look awesome! now, why didn't you get those done sooner? :)

I'm glad that the Cutest Baby Quilt in the World is going to be well loved! I can just tell it is already!

jbhodge24 said...

I've been reading your blogs for the past week trying to catch up on the last few years of posts!! I must say that you have really inspired me to pick up the pace of my quilting. I've been quilting about 6 months and am self-taught. You're work is beautiful and I'm now a faithful reader!! I spent most of the day working on a baby quilt for my brother-in-law who has a baby due in April. I might just finish it in time thanks to your inspiration!!!

bingo~bonnie said...

I really like your red pieces in your coins quilt. I would have never thoguth to put red with those fabrics - but it works :) and I love red! ;)

Hope you had a Happy Weekend...Love from Texas! ~bonnie