Thursday, March 26, 2009

A hamper or a catch all


I've been trying to come up with creative ways to contain my quilting supplies while at retreat. Last year I took an 18 gallon rubbermaid tub with all of my supplies. That was great, but it sure took up a lot of room in my trunk. This year with three passengers in my truck, storage space will be at a premium. I think I'll make a few bags to take my items in so that everything is very squishable.


Once I get to retreat, this could become a problem! While wandering through Wal-Mart one day Mom and I spied these cheapie pop up kids hampers. PERFECT! It folds down flat and can pop up to hold my junk.


Just another crazy idea from yours truely, gadget girl.

5 comments:

Regina said...

Funny you should mention those hampers -these are what we use for all our laundry, and I was eying one or two (or three) to take to retreat!!! Ours don't have Tinkerbell on them, though - but I could borrow the Munchkin's dinosaur one?!??!

Barb said...

I guess great minds think alike. That's EXACTLY what I use to store my scraps in. It had to be Tinkerbell, of course!

Moneik said...

How cute. I don't have one, but I can see what an advantage it would be.

jillquilts said...

Cute! But will we need to call you Tink at retreat?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Hmm.. I have a plastic bucket that I have been using.. one of those holiday ones from Walmart