Monday, March 16, 2009

I've clearly gone over the edge...


I always swore off of orange fabric and Kaffe fabric. Now recently I've been using orange in projects and it hasn't been bothering me. At our PW Christmas Party, Chelsy was given a cut of a Kaffe Fabric and before I knew that's what it was, I said how much I liked it. I think everyone burst out laughing because they know that I call it Kaffe Krap. It's just not my thing. A few months went by and when I came into work on Saturday there was a 1/2 yard left on the cutting table to be worked into a 1/2 yard pack. I decided since it's the only Kaffe that I've ever shown interest in, that I should adopt it. Chelsy picked out a batik to go with it and originally I was going to make it into a tote bag BUT, I do have the Lazy Girl Mini Miranda pattern and I could really use a new purse so the above will become this:

Hopefully before summer...

4 comments:

Moneik said...

I'm not a big fan of Kaffe either, but luckily we don't have much in the shop. Have fun making the mini. I love mine and I've made two already.

Cindy said...

OMG

jillquilts said...

That would be awesome fabric for a OBW quilt!

Julie-Ann said...

Heck - I paid a lot of money for a Brighton bag that looks a lot like the one you are going to make.

Where can I find the pattern? LOL