Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quilt Retreat Name Tags Part 2

I printed out my 3 pages of name tags onto Muslin backed with Freezer Paper. I made sure to clean my print heads first to limit the amount of drag they would have on my fabric. I don't usually have that problem with regular paper but because of the thickness of the fabric it sometimes is an issue. Using my built in grid lines I cut them apart. I cut a piece of batting 1/2 inch smaller than each name tag. I didn't want that to be in my seam allowance; I was just using it for body. I then took two rectangles; one larger than the other and ironed them in half; wrong sides together. I arranged them on the nametag so that when I sewed the 1/4 inch seam allowance I could turn the name tag right side out without having to straighten anything out along one of the edges. It's sort of like the criss cross coasters. Once I turned and poked all of their corners and edges out I stuffed the batting in. I'm now in the process of sewing the backs shut and sewing on the pins. The pins...are not an easy task!! I might still be sewing them on right up until retreat. So much for all the other little things I wanted to make for my friends.


nametags 001



I placed mine on my hand so you'd get an idea of just how small they are.


nametags 002



Aren't they adorable? I'm really happy with how they turned out!! I hope my POQ's are too!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Very, very cute name tags!

Trish said...

Don't worry about pins, we can sew our own pins on when we get there.... or Regina and I can help you do the rest Thursday night before retreat. (I'm sure she won't mind me volunteering her services...LOL)
And you are still the BEST! I love the nametags!

jillquilts said...

Yeah - what Trish said - let everyone else sew their own pins on... or OR this is a good busy job for your mom! Giggle

They look fantastic!

Moneik said...

They look awesome! I'd be happy to sew mine on too. Or get some E6000 and glue'um on.

~Kim~ said...

Wow, what a clever idea! Great job!

Regina said...

OMG - I love this! That is so very very cool that you made these! And I don't know which Regina Trish is volunteering, but this one would be more than happy to sew her own pin back on - and then some...

don't sweat the little stuff like pin backs - we can always straight pin them on ourselves!!! ;-)

you are AWESOME!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I wish that I would have been able to go.. saving for the next time