Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sigh

We had a company meeting today at my full time job. The news is not good; sales are down, expenses are up. They gave us three options that we now each have to crunch numbers to see which option works best for each of us.

After my part time job tonight Julie & Jen took me out for dinner to try and cheer me up and we constructed a list of questions that I need to ask before deciding. Mike and I will go over the numbers this weekend and decide what to do.

We'll see how it goes. In the mean time we're cutting back where cutbacks can be made at home and we'll ride out the storm somehow. I'm married to the ever optimist so that's a good thing...frustrating at times but a good thing.

Life goes on...

8 comments:

Moneik said...

I'll be thinking of you and hoping things turn around soon.

vtquilter said...

Sorry Jen. Hope things turn around quickly for your company.
A bright note - the blue quilt is going to be stunning!

Regina said...

Ugh - how frustrating.

Suzan said...

Sorry to read your news. Keep your chin up. I will be thinking about you and sending you positive juju!

Christine said...

I'm so sorry. :( This economic situation seems to be spiraling out of control. {big hug}

Kristy James said...

I hate to hear about your job. The economy is just getting too scary. I've got my fingers crossed that things will turn around soon. So many people are affected.

jillquilts said...

Are you feeling better about this now? It sucks though, no matter how you look at it!

swooze said...

Best wishes. I know your struggle.