Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slippery Snow

Saturday night we got about 4 inches of wet sloppy snow. When I left for work on Sunday morning the roads were fine. I pulled into the gas station to pick up a bottled soda. I got out of my car, walked about 10 feet and fell flat on my back. Lovely. I slipped on one of those big metal discs that they remove to fill up the underground gas tanks. They're about the size of a manhole cover but they are flat steel with no ridges. I don't know how I managed not to hit my head. I got up, walked into the gas station and then realized how wet I was so I walked back out. I called Julie to say I was going to be late cause I needed to go home and change. As I was talking to her I realized my elbow hurt, my neck felt like I had whip lash and I think I was talking a little incoherently because she told me not to come in; to go home. The whole right side of my body feels whiplashed and sore.

After taking Advil and lying on some ice and taking a few naps, I needed to proceed on Moneik's Bridal Quilt. Here's rows 4 & 5:


Moneik's Bridal Quilt 006



Moneik's Bridal Quilt 007



Moneik's Bridal Quilt 008



Rows 1-5 all put together:


Moneik's Bridal Quilt 009



Looks like I'll have to find a different place to lay the quilt out for the next group of rows!!


6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Hope you're feeling better! You are making great progress on that quilt!

Cindy said...

That's a lot of thread to use up! But then, you make *a lot* of {amazing} quilts! Do you use Masterpiece to hand stitch down your bindings as well? I've been trying different thread for this and still haven't found one that doesn't knot. Last time I used Superior Bottom Line and it was better than King Tut, but still knotted somewhat.

Moneik said...

Hope you are feeling better. I'm glad Julie let you go home and rest up. The quilt is coming along great and I truly love how much time and effort you've put into it. You are such an amazing friend.

Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear about your fall and I hope you're feeling better now. The quilt is really beautiful - are they blocks from the Elm Creek series? A few of them look familiar, but I can't quite place them!

jillquilts said...

It's looking great! I'm glad you are feeling better now!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow I miss so much.. I'm sorry to hear about your fall hope that you are not having any side effects.