Monday, March 9, 2009

St. Patties Day!

I wasn't originally anticipating making a St. Patties Day door hanging so it's kind of funny that I got it done so quickly. Sometimes it's the impulse projects that turn out the best and are the most fun. I got the rest of the shamrocks appliqued, assembled the top, got it quilted AND have the binding sewn onto the front. Now I can work on the hand sewing over the next few lunch periods. This is technically a table runner but I'm going to hang it on the door for this season.


SN852729



SN852731



Then I went back to working on my pillow shams. I got the blue border added and then had to get creative with the cream on the sides. This is definitely a "use what I have" project because the fabric is Moda Chocolat and it was out about 3 or more years ago. It's been a challenge, that's for sure. These will get a red border to match the bindings on all of my other pieces tomorrow night. I hope to get them quilted and on the bed shortly.


SN852734



This morning when I pulled out of the garage my car was making this awful noise when I'd turn the wheel. I told Mike about it so he called to get me an appointment. After dropping it off Mike found a chunk of metal rod on the garage floor...a curved 6 to 8 inch piece at that. This will get pricey, I just have a feeling.

6 comments:

jillquilts said...

Very cool table runner/ wall hanging! Your shams look great! Too bad about the car... If only you had the money to fix it...

Moneik said...

Cute tablerunners and your pillowshams are coming along nicely. I need to do something for St. Patties... I got nothing. On to Easter

Suzan said...

The red tonal from Moda 3 Sisters Peace on Earth looks great with the Chocolat. Ask me how I know... :) Do you need any of the blue stripe back?

Jen said...

Jill, Its too bad the person who owes me the money reads through a reader and will never see that comment!! I'm still not sure where the comment about her already discussing it with you would come from.

Julie-Ann said...

Beautiful quilting, Jen. I stumbled upon your blog about a week ago and recognized you! I come into the Patched Works all of the time. Remember, one time I napped you to help me and it was your day off?

Anyway, great blog and I love your ideas and creativity. Feel free to check out my blog, too.

Debi said...

I love your St. Paddy's quilt, cause I love the color green.