Thursday, March 5, 2009

To Relax

I worked on some half square triangles tonight. I whipped out another 240. Hey, I'm closer than I was before. Actually, I think these HST's are going quicker than I imagined. I'm sure the time is going to come in with the actual block assembly. There's a whole lot of matching that will be going on. It's a good thing I have a plethora of fork pins.

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I'm using triangle paper. The manufacturer of the paper I'm using is Quiltime. I also have a program called Triangulations by Bear Paw Productions. Both products are similar. Triangulations is a one time purchase and you print out what you need when you need it and it's a one time purchase for around $30. Quiltime's Triangle paper is about $8 per package.





I love the Triangulations software but for this project I probably would have needed to buy a refill on my printer's ink cartridges by the time I was done which is why I opted to buy a pack of the paper. In the 2" finished HST style, 900 HST's can be made out of one package.

Both styles work the same way. Here is a picture - the front and back version of a sheet that has been sewn:



IMG00202



While I was trying to find a picture of the Quiltime products so I could put them on my blog, I noticed that they have a free patterns section. Of course, I fell in love with one of the patterns called Braided Starburst. I've GOT TO make one of these!! It's just georgeous. The pattern suggests using Cherrywood hand dyes and wow, they are beautiful too!! I'm going to have to find a reason to treat myself to some of these to make this wallhanging.






4 comments:

Infinity Quilter said...

That pattern is cool! What colors are you going to use? I can't wait to see your Ocean Waves top. I can't imagine making that many HSTs. I had after making 560 for the Heritage top.

~Kim~ said...

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk

I have already planned out the colors of the Braided Stardust quilt I want to make. Shades of browns, and Im going to use the fabric from the Karen Combs pattern, Shade Cascade.

Now Im finding a place to purchase some Triangle Paper.

Thanks for the enabling!

~Kim~

jillquilts said...

I got my purpley/pink batiks for this at the shop today!!

jillquilts said...

I got my purpley/pink batiks for this at the shop today!!