Sunday, April 26, 2009

Aunt Ruth's Scrap Basket

Our second stop on Thursday was Aunt Ruth’s Quilt Shop. I thought their quilt shop flag, mosaic quilt and open sign were pretty cute.

cindy quilt retreat 101



moneik 046



SN852863



We also took a group shot outside…and it was the last one we remembered to take while shop hopping.

100_1521
Jen VN, Jill, Jen B, Cindy, Moneik & Sherry

While at Aunt Ruth’s I noticed that they had put a really neat spin on the Charm Party Tote; they added ties to the sides to draw it in.

SN852865



SN852866



Since I had just finished my own Charm Party Tote I decided to add the ties to it. I LOVE how it looks!!

It went from this:

retreat 007



To This:

IMG00271





IMG00272



IMG00273



IMG00274



Only one small purchase at Aunt Ruth’s. They had a lot of nice things but most of it was fabric that I could get at home.

SN852970



2 comments:

Jamie said...

Your bag turned out really cute to begin with, but I love it even more with the added ties!.

Piwacket said...

It's so much fun to see how other shops decorate and how fellow quilters tweak a pattern here and there. I love the addition of the ties to your adorable bag!