Friday, April 24, 2009

Bits N Pieces - Crowne Point, Indiana

Well, here it is, the first of my retreat posts.

Wednesday April 22nd, 2009

I thought I should say a little more about Bits N Pieces where we stopped in Indiana. I guess I'm really surprised that in this day and age they don't have a web site that I can share. They had a LOT of patterns in their shop. I found a completely new to me designer called Prairie Sky Quilting. Right off the bat I thought that one of the patterns in their "Shake Rattle and Roll" envelope would be perfect for a quilt for Mike. Little did I know a few days later I'd find an even better quilt pattern to suit Mike. Who knows, maybe Mr. a person only needs one quilt in a lifetime will end up with a few quilts. Hey, stranger things have happened! These are the two quilts that I'm tossing about. Right now I think I'm settled into Hot Shots and am thinking of doing it with football fabrics.




SN852946



I picked up a few fat quarters while at the shop. Some of the "Objects of Desire" line that goes with the rest of my kitchen, some batiks that will eventually go with the rest of my batiks that I haven't yet decided what I want to make and I just couldn't pass up the Penguin Batik.



SN852972




SN852973




SN852965

When we finally rolled into Jill's, Moneik and Jill were outside waiting for us. I was just sooooo drained from the drive, I just wanted to get in and get situated. I couldn't wait to pull out Moneik's Bridal Quilt and Wallhanging to show her. She was pretty blown away seeing it in person.

It was sooooo great to see Jill, Max & Maisy again. I had to quickly dig out a few toys that I had brought for the kids from Holly.

No rest for the wicked...Jill had us get right to work on the quilt we were trying to get together for Linda. I sat and sewed the borders on and then got the binding put together while Jill worked on a few other projects.

It wasn't too long though until we needed to blow up the air mattresses and head to bed.

1 comment:

Infinity Quilter said...

The Shake Rattle and Roll patterns are cool. I'll have to check out what other patterns they have too. Thanks for posting.