Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bridal Quilt Update

Well, it's too large and delicate to be holding up to take a full picture of so a sneek peek will have to suffice until it's off the frame. Tee Hee!!



012




013



I'm doing pretty good with my list. Everything is right on target.

3/23 -Buy Sashing, Corner Stones, Borders & Backing
-Cut Sashing, Cornerstone and binding strips
3/24 - Sew sashing strip sets, iron and cut
-Sew and iron binding
-Evenly distribute blocks/signature squares and group together by row
3/25 - Make blocks from rows 1-2 to "size"
3/26 - Assemble rows 1-2 and join together
3/27 - Make blocks from rows 3-5 to "size"
3/28 - Assemble Rows 3-5, join and attach to rows 1-2
3/29 - Make blocks in rows 6-7 to "size"
-Assemble rows 6-7, join and attach to 1-5
3/30 -Make blocks in rows 8-9 to "size"
-Design label, have Jill proof
3/31 -Make rows 8-9, join and attach to 1-7
4/1 -Make rows 10 & 11 to "size"
-Print label onto Printed Treasures, sew to iron on interfacing
4/2 - Assemble rows 10-11, join and attach to 1-9
4/3 -Make rows 12-13 to "size"
4/4 - Assemble rows 12-13, join and attach rows to 1-11
- Cut and assemble borders
4/5 - Attach Borders
-Iron label to backing
-cut & seam batting
-load quilt
4/5 - 4/11 Quilt Moneik's Bridal Quilt
4/12 - Square Up, attach binding, Hand Sew four corners.

Yeah, as you can tell I'm putting off making the quilt label. It's just so hard for a quilt this size. I'd hate to list everyone's names who made blocks and then have someone mad that I missed their name. At the same time I realize that a detailed label is needed. Anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this without pissing anyone off? Someone I know (cough from Ohio) thinks I should write, Here's a quilt for your wedding, it was made by a bunch of people, enjoy. Somehow, I just don't think that cuts it!! Giggle.

Giggle, as I'm laying here in bed typing this up, I just noticed that Holly is now wearing a Milwaukee Brewers Bandana on her collar. I guess her Daddy got her dressed for Opening Day!! I don't know who is cuter - my fuzzy girl or my hubby who took the time to put the bandana on her collar!!

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I think you might have to go with that Ohio persons idea! How in the world could you do a label with all those names on it? LOL Isn't Mike sweet to dress Holly up for the big day?!

Moneik said...

I like the idea of detailed better than Ms. Ohio's idea. But I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect plan. You always find the best way to do it.

starrynightquilter said...

Maybe you could make a fabric envelope for the label and have it say Best Wishes from all your friends, and then inside, have a fabric list of the folks who made blocks..??