Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's been quilted!!

It's done! It's done!! Or nearly done anyway! This baby is about 101 inches long and I'm happy to report that there was still plenty of room within the harp to keep on quilting! After all the problems I had with blocks not being the proper size and needing to add strips and re-square them up, I'm a little SHOCKED that by the time I got to the bottom, it's really not all that out of square and will be a cinch to square up. Could it be my whacked out new border technique?

MOneik's Bridal Quilt 001


After work and dessert with Jen, Regina and Chelsy at Claim Jumper (Which was way fun!!) I loaded the batting onto the frame, wound 5 bobbins and I was ready to roll. I made the first pass and towards the end the tension was a little off so I did an 1/8th of a row of ripping. I'm finding that it's difficult to get the thread between the tension discs properly, it might have to go back to Brad to get that checked. I changed needles just to be on the safe side and I was ready to go once again.

The quilting for the rest of the quilt went nice and easy. So easy that I decided to keep quilting. I first got going around 11PM and figured I'd just quilt for an hour. Next thing I knew, it was 2:30 and I was cutting it off the frame!!

Forgive the many shots but I just *HAD* to shoot pictures from like 37 angles because I was so happy with it's completion!

MOneik's Bridal Quilt 002


MOneik's Bridal Quilt 003


MOneik's Bridal Quilt 005


MOneik's Bridal Quilt 006


MOneik's Bridal Quilt 008


I took this one without a flash to show the quilting better.

MOneik's Bridal Quilt 007



I'm breathing a hugh sigh of relief over here!! Seriously, here's the to-do list:

3/23 -Buy Sashing, Corner Stones, Borders & Backing
-Cut Sashing, Cornerstone and binding strips
3/24 - Sew sashing strip sets, iron and cut
-Sew and iron binding
-Evenly distribute blocks/signature squares and group together by row
3/25 - Make blocks from rows 1-2 to "size"
3/26 - Assemble rows 1-2 and join together
3/27 - Make blocks from rows 3-5 to "size"
3/28 - Assemble Rows 3-5, join and attach to rows 1-2
3/29 - Make blocks in rows 6-7 to "size"
-Assemble rows 6-7, join and attach to 1-5
3/30 -Make blocks in rows 8-9 to "size"
-Design label, have Jill proof
3/31 -Make rows 8-9, join and attach to 1-7
4/1 -Make rows 10 & 11 to "size"
-Print label onto Printed Treasures, sew to iron on interfacing
4/2 - Assemble rows 10-11, join and attach to 1-9
4/3 -Make rows 12-13 to "size"
4/4 - Assemble rows 12-13, join and attach rows to 1-11
- Cut and assemble borders
4/5 - Attach Borders
-Iron label to backing
-cut & seam batting
-load quilt
4/5 - 4/11 Quilt Moneik's Bridal Quilt
4/12 - Square Up, attach binding, Hand Sew four corners.

16 comments:

Suzan said...

It looks FANTASTIC! Congratulations on getting it finished. I am amazed at how much you can do on that frame! I am seriously thinking about one but I really need a deck on the back of the house. Decisions, decisions!!

jillquilts said...

Way to go!!

Amy said...

Looks GREAT!! congrats on getting it quilted.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awesome, Jen! Great job! Did I hear a big sigh of relief all the way from Wisconsin? Ha!

Moneik said...

It looks absolutely incredible! I can't wait to see it in person. You've done such an awesome job on it.

Karen said...

This is a beautiful quilt that will be treasured forever. I just love the border fabric you chose.

Congrats on finishing.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Jen it looks awesome! You do such a great job on everything!! I may have to ask some advice on how to get things going here on my frame when there is time... Hmm maybe talk you into a trip to California??

Beth said...

Wow...you get done more in a short period of time than I do in a year. It's so beautiful!Congrats!

Shar said...

Ohhh that is a beautiful quilt. You did a fantastic job!

Regina said...

ok - I just have one little question -

HOW IN THE HECK IS SHE GOING TO GET THAT HOME?!??!?!??!?!

It's GORGEOUS!!!

Christine said...

Awesome! You should be very, very proud of yourself.

Sandi said...

you are amazing...what more can I say. It looks wonderful.

Kim said...

This quilt is drop dead gorgeous! Girl, you sure are in the quilting groove! Just love this one.

Trish said...

It's beautiful. You did a great job on it.

Treasa said...

This turned out beautifully. I know she will treasure it.

Rose Marie said...

Love this quilt and you have given me ideas on how to set my siggie blocks that I'm collecting!