Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Cute Lil' Pie Pin Cushion

Is FINALLY finished!! I ran to my Mom's last night around 11:15 to get some fiber fill just so I could finish it off. Once it was stuffed and I remembered about the Yo-Yo's...I thought oh no! And I couldn't find the right sized Yo-Yo maker so I ended up stuffing the fabric a little and then pushing it into place. I figure I'll hand stitch it down in a few spots so that it doesn't come out at a later date. I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just need to find a 5" pie tin to put it in. I think I'm going to put a dab of hot glue in the bottom of the tin so that my pin cushion doesn't fall out if it falls off the table.

Top:

retreat prep 001


Bottom:

retreat prep 002



When I made my 11:15 trek to moms...I sure learned why one doesn't wear their scissors lanyard when they drive and put their seat belt on...


retreat prep 018



Note to self...Diane's fear of getting poked in the heart when your air bag goes off...really is a valid fear! I'll never wear my scissors in the car again!

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Jen, you have got to slow down friend. All of your work is beautiful and did you want me to take out that person that hasen't paid you? Can't wait to hear all about retreat! Can I g next year?
Sandy in Wisconsin

Piwacket said...

Oh, now isn't that pie just too cute!

Carol VR said...

That is one of the cutest pin cushions ever!!!

Moneik said...

It's super cute, but be careful! No more stabbing yourself before retreat.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Love the pincushion.. just a thought if you put those pebble things in you cushion and used a grey botton then the tin is built in.. I used those pebbles in my chicken and it weighs it down pretty good. NO MORE driving with scissors

Heather