Friday, April 17, 2009

Pie Pin Cushions

Julie came up with this awesome pin cushion at our shop so I've been trying to get everything together for it so that my "peeps" can each have one at retreat. My original intent was to make them as gifts but lets face it, I don't have enough time in the day to do so. Everything I gathered for these is now in bags and will go along and be given to them. Hopefully enough of them will "get it" because I'm not about to accquire a pattern for each person. I'll show how to weave and the fruit fabrics have long been traced out - they just need to be cut at this point and sewn together. Then as I hacked the pies apart last night I realized...holy crap I forgot about the yo-yo that goes on top! I had some marks to erase and some shifting around to do but I think now all is a-ok. Hopefully with my fingers crossed saying do this, this and that will be enough!

retreat prep 004



2 comments:

Moneik said...

They are going to be so much fun to make! I can't wait.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

If you let me know how much it costs I will gladly wire you money for a pattern and some fabric so I can join in on the fun.

Heather