Monday, April 6, 2009

Quilty Gifties

I spent Sunday evening working on some quilted gifties. While it doesn't look like I really "made" anything I did get a lot of fabrics quilted so that I can now make them into things. I quilted about 3-1/2 yards of fabric.



006




007




008




009




010





I also cross hatched the fabric for my Mini-Miranda purse and for the bottom of another one that I'm workng on. I made the mistake of cross hatching on the 45 degree line, when I really meant to cross hatch on the 60 degree line. Now it looks like I have squares rather than diamonds. Sigh.



014

I've listened to a few good audio books as of late. Earlier this week I finished Jennifer Chiaverini's newest book, The Lost Quilter. I loved it. My favorite book of hers so far was the Runaway Quilt and this takes place right after Joanna is nabbed by the slave catchers. It follows her story.

I also read Jodi Picoult's newest book, Handle with Care. It is a about a little girl who has brittle bone disease. As with all of Picoult's books, there are always twists and turns that you're not quite expecting. It kept me listening, that is for sure!

Currently I'm listening to Memoirs of a Geisha because Jen my Evil Twin recommended it. I'm really enjoying it so far; so much so that I'm already 7 hours into it and I just started it when I got home from work yesterday!!

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

As usual....You have been a busy girl! Looking good!

Moneik said...

The fabrics look great. Love the sewing machine one, haven't seen it before. Have fun making the Mini Miranda, I need to make a new purse too.

Regina said...

awesome fabric - oh I mean fabrics!!

LOL!

J... said...

Such fun...I want to tackle bags once I get a bit more practice quilting. You are really inspiring and I look forward to reading you updates!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Oh wow, you did quilt a lot of fabrics, they all look nice. Love the fabrics too.
Vera

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Once again you have been soo productive.. I need to get online and figure out where to get books to listen too.. I think that it would be nice to sit and do that rather than watch TV

jillquilts said...

I'm ok with 45 degree cross hatching! :) he he he

great job on the rest of the quilting!