Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well, I traded lanyards...

I intended to make this one for my donation for the raffle but well, I decided that I'm going to keep it and donate the one that I originally made for myself. What can I say, I'm human!!




003




002

My thoughts are changing as to what I'm wanting to take to work on at retreat. I think I might go with a few smaller projects instead of larger quilt projects.

Here's my current line up:

  • Ocean Waves - It's currently in progress
  • Bistro In & Out - Still might be nixed - would be good for assembly line sewing without thought.
  • Braided Star - I don't even own fabric yet. If anything I'll probably get it cut and get the triangle paper sewn. I hope to buy fabric while we shop hop.
  • Friday Night BOM - I have 3 blocks left to make, then I can attach the last row to the quilt. Add borders
  • $2 Buck a Block Thangles BOM blocks
  • Gilda's Club Charm Pack Wallhanging - Might be nixed.
  • Sewing Room Valence Paper Piecing - Need one more block made, can then be assembled and cross hatched.
  • Border Print table runners - Will have strips cut before hand. I just want to check with Jill and Moneik on how to cut the triangles since I've never done it.
  • Messenger Bag
  • Smore's Charm Party Tote
  • Pink/Brown Baby quilt for Hannah - Probably just a super easy YBR just for something mindless to work on.

While I realize this is far too many items to possibly even touch, it will give me variety to work on. The items that "might be nixed" are small enough that they won't even take up that much room if I bring them along so they might as well come anyway.


6 comments:

Moneik said...

I love all the things you are bringing. I'd like to see your bistro or what you are going to make from it. We're out of the panel and a few of the fabrics. I'd be happy to help you with cutting the tablerunners. They are a bit tricky, until you wrap your mind around them. Reminds me I need to start working on my dad's for his birthday.

Suzan said...

Beautiful lanyard...no wonder you decided to keep it!

I say fill up your bag with everything you MIGHT want to work on 'cause you know that if you don't you will end up wishing that you had!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I've changed my mind a dozen times about what I'm taking, but I'm not as prolific as YOU! Still probably taking too much for myself, but...oh well! It's gonna be too much fun!

starrynightquilter said...

I am cracking up at your line up of projects. Everytime I write out my lineup - more things I forgot that are in progress show up - - or more ideas that have come to me get added....so I am laughing thinking - - oh boy - -her list is as bad as mine.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow so many projects I hope that you get lots and lots done and can't wait to see them.

jillquilts said...

Man, I can't believe that you are giving up the pink lanyard! *sigh* traitor!

I am still deciding on my line up, too. I will probably change my up until I throw it in the basket in Friday morning!